LARP Adventure Program’s Heroes Academy®: LARP Foundations is a combination of theater, martial arts, and costume/prop/stage design. We combine these arts with critical thinking, creative problem solving, and community leadership skills. Each week, students will learn how to play but also how to design and run games for their peers. Our instructors will work with students on a variety of makerspace activities from boffer building to costuming. Students will learn how their design choices can affect those around them while also allowing them to express themselves creatively. They will also participate in LARP Games that will focus on the physical activities and basic rules of playing in LARPs. These games will give students an opportunity to run around but also practice tactical and critical thinking skills.
Heroes Academy® Curriculum at a Glance
The following are some of the topics we may cover during the week. Campers’ interests and experience level will help determine how much time is spent on each topic.
- Character Creation: Make original heroes to play LARP, discover your own personal legend
- DIY Projects: Build your own LARP gear, learn to think creatively and make solutions.
- Martial Arts for Self Confidence and Self Control: How to play the game with respect for oneself and for others.
- How to Play LARP: Learn the game rules and how to use your character abilities. Understand gameplay and mechanics.
- Event Prep and Playing your Character: Time to celebrate all your hard work and apply the skills you have learned!
Weeks Available in 2023:
- June 12 – June 16
- June 20 – June 23
- June 26 – July 30
- July 17 – July 21
- July 31 – August 4
- August 7 – August 11
READ MORE ABOUT OUR CURRICULUM | LARP ADVENTURE CAMPS | THE ACERA SCHOOL’S STEAM CAMPS
There are no reviews yet.