Please note: This is a half-day program 9:00 am – 12 pm
LARP Adventure Program is a combination of theater, martial arts, and costume/prop/stage design. We combine these arts with critical thinking, creative problem solving, and community leadership skills. Throughout the week, students will learn how to play but also how to design and run games for their peers. Our instructors will work with students to do hands-on creative activities and explore everything from game systems to character development to prop / costume building.
The following are some of the topics we may cover during the week. Campers’ interests and experience level will help determine how much time is spent on each topic.
- Character Creation: Make original heroes to play LARP, discover your own personal legend
- DIY Projects: Build your own LARP gear, learn to think creatively and make solutions.
- Martial Arts for Self Confidence and Self Control: How to play the game with respect for oneself and for others.
- How to Play LARP: Learn the game rules and how to use your character abilities. Understand gameplay and mechanics.
- Event Prep and Playing your Character: Time to celebrate all your hard work and apply the skills you have learned!