ACERA CATALOG DESCRIPTION:
LARP Adventure Program’s Heroes Academy® is a combination of theater, martial arts, and costume/prop/stage design. We combine these arts with critical thinking, creative problem solving, and community leadership skills. Each week, students will learn how to play but also how to design and run games for their peers. Our instructors will work with students on a variety of activities from boffer building to costuming. Students will learn how their design choices can affect those around them while also allowing them to express themselves creatively. They will also participate in LARP Games that will focus on the physical activities and basic rules of playing in LARPs. These games will give students an opportunity to run around and also practice tactical and critical thinking skills.
ABOUT OUR CURRICULUM:
We believe that through nurturing one another in a community arts-based environment, we can discover our personal legends and reach self-actualization.
HEROES ACADEMY® TOPICS
The following is a list of topics that we strive to cover over the course of a full school year.
- Intrapersonal and Existential Intelligence: Character creation and developing the hero within.
- Spatial Intelligence: DIY projects, designing and making the tools of the trade.
- Bodily-Kinesthetic Intelligence: Movement, martial arts, yoga, team building adventure-based games.
- Logical-Mathematical Intelligence: LARP literacy, learning the game’s function.
- Musical, Linguistic, and Interpersonal Intelligence: LARP literacy, learning the narrative form
- Naturalist Intelligence: Summer camps, expeditionary immersive education, and community celebration.
Please note: Time spent on each topic will be determined by the experience and progress of the participants.