- 6th Grade at Gibbs: Apr 27, May 4, 11, 18, Jun 1. No class on May 25
- 7th & 8th Grade at Ottoson: Apr 24, May 1, 8, 15, 22, Jun 5. No class on May 29
ACE CATALOG DESCRIPTION:
Heroes Academy®: LARP Discovery (Originally called LARP Foundations)
Live Action Role Play (LARP) allows you to participate in an interactive narrative, similar to the “choose your own adventure” books. In this class, which is more than just games, you will learn about each aspect of LARPing: game rules, mock combat techniques, and character development. As you gamefully combine theater, martial arts, and costume/prop/stage design, you will practice critical thinking, problem-solving, and community leadership skills.
ABOUT OUR CURRICULUM:
LARP Adventure Program’s Heroes Academy® is a combination of theater, martial arts, and costume/prop/stage design. We combine these arts with critical thinking, creative problem-solving, and community leadership skills. We believe that through nurturing one another in a community arts-based environment, we can discover our personal legends and reach self-actualization.
HEROES ACADEMY® TOPICS
The following is a list of topics that we strive to cover over the course of a full school year.
- Intrapersonal and Existential Intelligence: Character creation and developing the hero within.
- Spatial Intelligence: DIY projects, designing and making the tools of the trade.
- Bodily-Kinesthetic Intelligence: Movement, martial arts, yoga, team building adventure-based games.
- Logical-Mathematical Intelligence: LARP literacy, learning the game’s function.
- Musical, Linguistic, and Interpersonal Intelligence: LARP literacy, learning the narrative form
- Naturalist Intelligence: Summer camps, expeditionary immersive education, and community celebration.
Please note: Time spent on each topic will be determined by the experience and progress of the participants.
There are no reviews yet.