Learn the basics of what LARPing is all about. Make characters, props, and costumes. Learn martial arts techniques that help make mock combat safe AND challenging.
This class has no prerequisites and is perfect for beginners.
Heroes Academy Year Curriculum at a Glance
Our yearly curriculum is broken down into 5 parts. Here is the order in which those topics will be covered over the course of the school year.
- Sep/Oct – Character Creation: Make original heroes to play LARP, discover your own personal legend
- Nov/Dec – DIY Projects: Build your own LARP gear, learn to think creatively and make solutions.
- Jan/Feb – Martial Arts for Self Confidence and Self Control: How to play the game with respect for oneself and for others.
- Mar/Apr – How to Play LARP: Learn the game rules and how to use your character abilities. Understand gameplay and mechanics.
- May/June – Event Prep and Playing your Character: Time to celebrate all your hard work and apply the skills you have learned!